The ‘Owners’ refers to the owners (Eric Sneyd & Louise Marron) of the accommodation to be let under this agreement. The terms and conditions of this document , together with your ticking of the box stating that you agree to the Owners' Terms and Conditions when placing the booking, comprise the agreement between the Owners and the group leader who booked the accommodation. The contract is deemed to have been made as soon as the deposit or full amount payment has been received by the Owners
1. The group leader is responsible on behalf of all other members of the group for all matters relating to the booking.
2. "The group" refers to all persons booked to stay in the accommodation and includes any change of names to the original booking. The group size must not exceed the maximum permitted for the property as indicated on our website. Groups who exceed the size permitted for the property will be refused entry. Camper vans, caravans and tents are not permitted at a property unless agreed in writing by the Owners prior to arrival.
3. If at any time prior to the stay the group leader changes, the Owners and Holiday in Alps must be notified either by email or phone by the original group leader. A new booking confirmation will be sent out to the new group leader and the new leader must ensure that they have read and understood the Ts and Cs.
4. In case of dishonoured payment the group leader will be contacted to make payment by other means, to be received by the Owners within 7 days (or immediate payment if the group is due to start the holiday in less than 7 days). Failure to do this will mean automatic cancellation of the booking.
5. The Owners guarantee the price of the holiday at the time of payment being received. The Owners and Holiday in Alps reserves the right to increase or decrease the price of unsold holidays at any time.
6. Upon placing the booking a 25% deposit is required immediately unless the arrival date falls within 8 weeks of the date of booking, in which case the full 100% plus the £500 security deposit is due immediately. The remaining 75% balance plus a £500 refundable security deposit is due 8 weeks before your arrival date. You will be sent an automatic invoice from the online booking system for the outstanding balance and £500 refundable security deposit. Failure to pay the balance and security deposit on time will constitute cancellation and cancellation charges will become payable as detailed in paragraph 7.
7. Cancellations must be notified to the Owners in writing or email by the group leader as soon as possible. Cancellation charges will be levied as follows and are applicable from the day we receive written notification:
6 weeks or more before arrival date – loss of deposit
4-6 weeks - 50%
2-4 weeks - 75%
Less than 2 weeks - 100%
8. Due to circumstances beyond the Owners’ control, i.e. acts of God and extreme weather, it may be necessary to make alterations to a confirmed booking or to cancel the booking completely. Whilst the Owners will make every effort to ensure this does not happen, if it is unavoidable the Owners will contact the group leader as soon as possible. In this instance the Owners will endeavour to make alternative arrangements for accommodation of the same value if available or offer a full refund of any monies paid to the Owners. No other compensation will be offered and you must ensure that you have adequate holiday insurance to cover such an event.
9. Any loss or damage wheresoever or howsoever caused or arising by the group leader or members of the group to the property, grounds and outbuildings must be paid for in full. (If you fail to bring to the attention of the in-resort representative any damage found at the property within 24 hours of arrival, it will be assumed that you are responsible for that damage.)
8 weeks before the arrival date the group leader will pay the final balance along with a £500 refundable damage deposit. Any deductions will be made from this damage deposit after your departure, if needed. There will be a standard £50 service fee added to the cost of any breakages for the time taken to purchase and install its replacement. There will be a £25 service charge added to the cost of the postage for any items left and required to be returned by post. Indicative charges are as follows:
£30-95 per set of lost keys or garage remote controls
For failure to leave the property in the required condition on departure a charge will be made to your card (usually £50 - £150 depending on the additional time taken by staff). You must please dispose of all rubbish in the local rubbish and recycling points located around the town, strip all beds, and replace all furniture and items back to their original positions as you found them when you arrived. If the accommodation is not vacated at the agreed time you will be charged for an additional day pro-rata.
10. It is up to the group leader to ensure that the self-catered accommodation is left clean and tidy on departure. If this is not the case an additional charge for unreasonable cleaning time may be deducted from the damage deposit.
11. Any damage caused to the property, grounds or outbuildings resulting in an excess over and above the damage deposit, will be payable by the group leader on behalf of the group irrespective of which person was responsible. This is to be paid to the Owners by the payment details supplied within 21 days of the group's departure.
12. The Owners have the right to terminate without notice and liability the holiday of any group member whose behaviour is considered detrimental to the Owners, it’s clients or any third party, or is such that it is likely to disrupt the enjoyment of others on holiday or cause damage to the property or any third party.
13. It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the party is responsible for the safety of all their own personal possessions, documents and equipment. No responsibility or liability is or will be accepted in respect of such items.
14. It is a condition of booking that your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance. It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the group has all their own necessary medical and travel insurance documents to cover themselves and the rental
property fully before embarking on the holiday. No responsibility is or will be accepted in respect of any such failure to insure wheresoever or howsoever arising.
15. The Owners do not accept any liability wheresoever or howsoever arising or pay compensation for: a) any event which the Owners could not foresee or avoid. Such events include war, threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions (including flood and freezing) and fire; b) any cancellation, loss, delay or costs wheresoever or howsoever arising or connected with adverse weather or traffic conditions, avalanche, mud slips, slides and snow conditions and the effect any of these may have on travel arrangements, accommodation and activities; c) limitations imposed by resort authorities, ski-lifts, ski school or ski hire operators; d) travel arrangements made by the group or on behalf of the group.
16. The Owners do not accept any liability for personal injury or death wheresoever or howsoever arising caused to any visitor and/or any member of the group for their duration of stay. This is not intended to exclude any statutory rights the group and/or visitor may have. This agreement and any proceedings thereunder are to be governed by English Jurisdiction.
17. A person who is not a party to this contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this contract provided always this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from this Act.
18. For safety & insurance purposes there is a non-smoking and a no naked flame (including candles) policy in all accommodation. In addition, the Owners do not accept pets in any of its properties and entry will be refused where guests arrive with pets. No refund will be given at all in this instance.
19. Any problems and faults in the property should be reported to the in-resort representative within a reasonable period of time (i.e. 24 hours).
20. In the unlikely event that you encounter a problem you must immediately notify the in- resort representative who will endeavour to put things right. If you fail to follow this procedure, Holiday in Alps will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort. Any complaints made after departure will not be considered. If you vacate the property before the end of your rental period without our authorisation you shall lose any rights to compensation.
21. The Owners cannot be held responsible for the breakdown of mechanical equipment, such as pumps, boilers, swimming pool filtration systems etc. nor for the failure of public utilities such as water, electricity, wifi and gas. The Owners are not responsible for noise and disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the property or anything that is beyond the Owners' control.
22. The Owners have done their best to ensure that all the description contained in the Holiday in Alps website and general descriptions are correct and accurate in accordance with the latest information available at the time of publication. The Owners will notify you of any substantial changes when you make your booking. The photographs featured are there to give a general impression rather than details. There may be items of furniture that have been changed or removed from the accommodation.
23. Whilst the Owners have done their very best to ensure that all information and descriptions on the internet are correct and accurate in accordance with the latest information, the Owners do not always have access to other online websites. You must ensure therefore that you have read the information on the relevant page on the Holiday in Alps website for the latest information. Holiday in Alps Ltd, nor the Owners, cannot be held responsible for information posted on other websites.
24. Where wi-fi internet access is offered, this is free of charge. The Owners do not accept any liability if this is not available for all or some of the rental period, and no refund will be offered where this is the case. Occasional outages do occur due to storms or regional electrical/telecommunication problems. Any internet access is entirely the responsibility of the group leader. Where the internet has been used illegally in any way, the group leader allows the Owners to pass on the group leaders details to the relevant authority if asked to do so, and the group leader will be entirely liable for any and all fines and charges incurred by this illegal activity.
25. All descriptions on this website are given in good faith and believed to be correct. This is in relation to all aspects including activity pricing and information.
26. The property will be cleaned throughout at the beginning of the rental period. It may be possible to arrange additional cleaning for an extra cost. Please give the Owners as much notice as possible and they cannot guarantee that this will be available. The Owners accepts no responsibility for additional staff or services and the terms on which they are provided.
27. Arrival time is after 17:00. If your arrival is delayed, please inform the in-resort representative specified in the arrival instructions. The accommodation must be vacated by 10:00 on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed by the Owners in writing. In the event of a late departure you will be charged for an additional day pro-rata.
28. For the avoidance of doubt in the event of any conflict the provisions of the Ts & Cs prevail.